Verve SSL - WordPress Plugin
I created my first Wordpress Plugin called Verve SSL. It is based off of the code in this post WordPress SSL Administration and Login. It is a plugin that sets the login page and administration area to use HTTPS(SSL) and then after logging off it reverts back to HTTP. You can download the plugin here.
To Install the plugin:
Automatic InstallInstall from the Plugins\Add New section by searching Verve SSL when logged in to the administration area of a WordPress site.
Manual InstallDownload the plugin.
Extract the zip file and upload into your wp-content/plugins directory.
Active the Verve SSL plugin under Plugins in the WordPress dashboard.
The plugin can also be downloaded from the Verve SSL Wordpress Plugin Directory Page.
- Initial Release
- Fixed issue with directory name that broke the plugin.
- Fixed issue with not keeping SSL when browsing blog while logged in.
- Fixed issue with RSS feeds.
- Fixed activation error message.
- Optimized code for better and faster processing.
- Updated plugin to be URL case insensitive.
- Optimized code for better and faster URL case processing.
- Updated doctype for better compatibility with Internet Explorer.
- Performed general code maintenance to improve performance and updated code to convert uppercase URLs to lowercase.
- Bug fix - Fixed problem with converting URL case while in Administration Dashboard that broke the ability to edit categories. Plugin no longer converts URL case while in Administration Dashboard. It will convert URL case while logged in and when viewing the blog and when logged out.
- Added a new feature to detect and update insecure SSL when logged in and make all pages during the logged in session secure. This makes sure that all content is secure and removes the insecure content icon that browsers show.
If you like my plugin and feel like donating to help its further development please click on the PayPal button below to donate. Thank You.